Sunday, October 30, 2005

Scooby Doo gets Indicted

I was having dinner with my kids, Anna (6) and Cameron (3). I asked them what they thought of Scooter Libby being indicted. They kept responding with, "Scooby Doo did what?"

I'm wondering if the rest of the country will pay equal attention and not know the difference between a man named Scooter and a cartoon dog. We'll see. Had Karl Rove been indicted, it would have been an even bigger story. That's who everyone wanted to go down. The indictments against Libby said nothing about the actual CIA leak. I thought the whole investigation was about who leaked Valerie Plame's name? These indictments do nothing to solve that mystery. I'd certainly like to know who leaked the name (although I'm still not convinced this is as huge a story as it's being made out to be).

If the roles were reversed, would Republicans be up in arms about all this instead of trying to deflect attention from it and saying it was not a big deal? Of course they would be. That's partisan politics for you. Always has been, always will be. Don't worry too much about it, you'll live longer.

Bush will now deflect attention away from this with his next Supreme Court nominee. I think it's pretty much assured that it'll be a judge WITH EXPERIENCE! I predict a Latino or black female.

No comments: