Monday, April 03, 2006

. . .and somehow, humanity survived.

It was a historic weekend. One of the most monumental events ever to take place in our state. Months and months of intense, heated debate. Yes, we switched to daylight savings time. My big question, "What was the big freakin' deal?" People, it was just a matter of one hour. You hear that, ONE HOUR! 47 other states do this, it's no big thing. I grew up with changing the clocks twice a year, it doesn't take that much effort. I personally love it. Much more daylight. In the summer, it's great for kids because you can spend much more time outside. I can now get off work and still golf 18 holes with my father in law or play with my kids outside basically until their bedtime.

I have never heard such intense debate over a true non-issue. You would think Governor Daniels had proposed seceding from the union or something. I just didn't understand all the fuss.

No comments: