Monday, May 15, 2006

President Gore?

Al Gore did the opening sketch on SNL this past weekend. It was a "what if" scenario with him being midway through his second term. I think this guy has gone through a transformation, because I thought he was hilarious and at the same time seemed very presidential. There was something about him that made you want to listen. I thought he made a great connection. Could this be his Bill Clinton on Arsenio Hall moment? Will he actually run again? I basically made fun of this guy in 2000, but at this point in time, I'd have to say I'd consider voting for him. I'm wondering if this appearance was sort of a trial balloon to see what the reaction would be. For those wondering if there's a precedent to him running again, there is. In 1960, Richard Nixon lost a very close election to John Kennedy, only to resurface 8 years later and win the election.

No comments: