Thursday, April 19, 2007

Playing Simon

Tuesday night, Dorene had her annual "Bison Idol" show at her school. This is a takeoff on "American Idol" and is at Brown Intermediate Center, home of the Bisons.

Her colleague that was going to be Simon could not be there, so she asked me to fill in. So, I went to Target and bought a black t-shirt, put on my jeans, and was all set to play Simon.

It was actually kinda fun. I don't do British accents very well, so I didn't try very hard at that, or it would've come across very lame. I stuck to the typical things Simon would say. My Simonisms that night:

"There's a reason someone else sings that song . . .so you don't have to."

"It was a bit cabaret for me."

"It was nice seeing you dance so we didn't have to just watch Paula dance." (the teacher doing Paula did a great job)

(after a singer sang "I Believe I can Fly")- "The song says I believe I can fly, but I didn't believe that you believed that you could fly. If I don't believe that you believe you can fly, then, oh what's the point . . "

"My hope is that all of America votes off Sanjaya tomorrow night and puts you on the show instead."

As for that last one, it did happen. The Sanjaya express finally came to an end. I have to admit, I started kinda liking the strange dude. He grabbed ahold of his 15 minutes of fame and extended it way, way longer than it should have gone. He knew what he was doing and just went for it. He even didn't do too bad in the last couple weeks. But this week, nope, it was time.

My original pick of Melinda to win it all, I'll still stick with . . .but watch out for Jordin!

No comments: