Monday, May 21, 2007

20 Years Ago Today . . .

This past weekend, IU South Bend welcomed 200+ incoming students at our first orientation of the summer. I then realized that, wow, I just hit a milestone. I have now been out of college for 20 years. Yikes, when I was graduating from college, those that attended orientation this past Saturday weren't even born yet. I'm really that old? I guess so. Probably time for some sort of depression to sink in.

So, maybe this fall I need to make the homecoming pilgrimage to Huntington U. to see if anyone attends the 20 year reunion. The Class of '87 was pretty small, so not likely to see all that many, but who knows. I haven't been to a homecoming for about 10 years. The campus is so radically different now then when I attended, so it always feels odd to be back on campus. Yes, it's progress with how the campus looks now, but it's just so different.

No comments: