Thursday, November 29, 2007

Catching up with Curt

Last Sunday morning, Dorene and I had breakfast with our nephew Curt. Went to a little hole-in-the-wall place on the south side of Fort Wayne called Spyros, which, by, the way, was excellent.

Curt works many hours at the Fort Wayne airport, so we haven't seen him much lately, so it was good to see him. Curt will always have a special connection with me because he was my first nephew and the one that I was with the most from the day he was born on May 29, 1981. Then, there's the fact that my son Cameron was also born on May 29. I told Curt I had Cameron dressed over Thanksgiving in an outfit he'd appreciate. It was camouflage pants and a "Green Day" shirt. Curt agreed that was pretty cool.

I'm sure his parents are glad Curt is working again at the airport, because they get to take advantage of little perks, such as flying to Maine at a reduced rate (or free, I'm not sure). Curt told us he and him mom were at an airport coming back from somewhere and just decided to randomly go somewhere, and chose Vermont. Curt has been quite the world traveler, certainly been to more countries than me, which isn't saying much since the furthest I've ventured out is Nogales, Mexico.

If you need any gift ideas for Curt, you may want to consider a snake. On the other hand, you may not want to, for the sake of the snake. He keeps losing them. So, I'd watch my step around his apartment.

No comments: