Friday, January 04, 2008

Re-entering Politics

Since the 2006 mid-term elections, I've basically ignored everything political. Have rarely watched any news program focusing on the candidates running for President. I kinda got burned out on the 2006 election when I was heavily involved in an unsuccessful campaign for state representative.

But, now I think I'll get back into it. The Iowa caucus is finally over, and I don't think the result was all that surprising. I figured Huckabee would have a strong showing, but you also have to factor in that both McCain and Rudy weren't there, so I'm not sure how much you can read into that victory.

As for Clinton finishing third? That's where things could get interesting. But then again, she may come roaring back and Obama's Iowa win will just be a footnote to this presidential campaign. Nevertheless, I'm ready to start getting back into it. There's a long, long way to go before we hit the polls in November. Although for a while I've figured it would be Hillary v. Rudy, I'm not completely sure anymore if that's a done deal or not.

No comments: