Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vacation's Over

I took this past week off, because it was spring break for Anna and Cameron. Packed in quite a bit over the nine days.

On Easter Sunday, we had the pastor and his family out for dinner. That would be a total of 4 adults and 10 kids. It was a lot of fun. Their kids and ours get along great and they stayed for quite a while (pastor and I watched the great Memphis v. Texas A & M game).

On Monday and Tuesday, me and the kids headed to Fort Wayne to spend time with mom and dad. Had the always great noodle dinner on Monday night with Steve and Pam, Tom and Paula, and Benjamin also in attendance. On Tuesday, mom and Anna went to see "National Treasure 2" while dad and Cameron went to Menards (Cameron didn't think he got the short end of the stick here, he loves going there).

Tuesday night I went with Steve to the Ft. Wayne table tennis club and played great. Later that week, I went to the South Bend club and played terribly. Although I did have a breakthrough against one player that I'd never beaten before. Although that excitement was quickly tempered when I found out later he was playing with his opposite hand.

On Friday after Dorene got off work, we headed to Pokagon State Park in Angola. Stayed at the Potawatomi Inn there and we all had a wonderful time. The kids swam and swam and we explored the whole park. We plan to return again when it warms up more and there are even more things to do. We'll also go there during Christmas break (already got the reservations).

Now, I have to get back in work mode. Being off a week is nice, but makes it kinda hard to get back to the normal routine. It was a good week off, and I was able to focus a lot of attention on the kids and wore them out pretty good.

No comments: