Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Missed Voting Yesterday

I didn't get to vote yesterday, and I believe it's the first time since I cast my first vote (as an absentee) for Ronald Reagan in 1984. I thought the polls closed at 7:00 but it was 6:00. I tried to get back to town in time, but to no avail.

But on the Republican side, there wasn't much to vote on anyway. Mark Souder cruised. Beyond that, wasn't much else. McCain squeaked by, so my vote wasn't needed there. I was glad to see Jill Long-Thompson make it through for governor.

Hillary barely won Indiana but hasn't indicated she'll drop out. It's kind of humorous in a perverse pro-Republican sort of way to see how Democrats are turning on her. Back in January, she was the "it" girl. The presidency was hers for the taking, and how dare anyone criticize her. Now, my fellow co-workers who were praising her name back then are saying how selfish she is for staying in. I mean, they really have turned on her and for years they thought she was the greatest.

Does Hillary realize what she's doing to the party? Her money is pretty much drying up, which should force her to abandon her quest soon. I'm sure that her and Bill just haven't come to terms with the fact their own party is telling them no. Is this a "vast left wing conspiracy" at work? It may be time for her to pack the bags and go back to New York (and hope Obama loses so she can return in 2012 as the "inevitable candidate").

No comments: