Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Yesterday was my last Father's Day as a father of 2. Will be adding #3 in the fall. Didn't really do anything all that special. We came home from church and I grilled some sausages and dogs, then just hung out and played with the kids and (real) dogs. For dinner, we pulled out all the stops and had a Tombstone pizza.

Actually, my Father's Day treat came the night before. I said I didn't want to go out and eat on Sunday, but wanted to just spend time with my family doing something else. So, we went to the Tri-Way Drive-in, located in Plymouth, and saw "Kung Fu Panda." For a kids movie, it was actually pretty good. It featured the voices of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, and several others. I liked it and the kids certainly did. The place was packed on a Saturday night. There are three screens, although the one playing "You Don't Miss with the Zohan" was pretty sparse. We'll probably have to return to see the new Pixar movie, "Wall E" in a few weeks. The ABBA movie, "Mamma Mia" opens soon. But I'll probably have to go visit Curt to see that, because I don't think anyone else is much of an ABBA fan in my family.

I watched quite a bit of the Lakers-Celtics and was about to go to bed when the Lakers built a pretty good lead with just a few minutes to go. I had switched channels and just before heading to bed turned back, and the Celtics were suddenly just down by 2. The Lakers, after such a collossal choke in the previous game, should have learned how to close out a game. They were lucky to win this one. I would assume the Celtics will finish them off in Boston, but the Lakers could catch fire and stretch it to a game 7, but I just don't see them winning two in Boston.

1 comment:

sdennie said...

Hey, I've always liked Abba. Dancing Queen, Take a Chance on Me, SOS, Fernando, Waterloo. Always wondered why they didn't seem to have an accent.