Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Family's Loss

Yesterday we received news that Brian Waterman, a very close friend of Stu & Joyce's family, was killed in a car accident Tuesday evening along with a co-worker. I didn't know Brian all that well, but I know he was around Stu & Joyce's house a lot, and he and Benjamin were particularly close (he accompanied Benjamin up to South Bend a couple times). He was certainly the kind of kid you'd want to have around and I was always very much impressed with him. He had recently completed college and was in many ways just starting out in life.

I can't imagine what his family is going through (I know how hard it is with Stu & Joyce). There will not be much holiday cheer around Brian's house this year, as his was a life cut way short.

It's easy to forget, but the holidays aren't always the happiest time for many. My sister-in-law lost her father a year ago, so this time of year brings back some sorrowful memories (of his passing, not of her father himself, whom she was very close with). I'm sure many are experiencing many raw emotions during this "festive" season.

No comments: