Friday, March 27, 2009

A Week Off

The kids were on Spring Break this week, so I took vacation days to stay at home with them. It's been a wonderful week.

On Monday and Tuesday, we went to Fort Wayne to spend a couple nights at mom and dad's house. On Monday evening, everyone but Benjamin was able to come over for the usual (but far from ever being old) dinner of mom's noodles and homemade rolls. It was a fun time having everyone over. Dorene's spring break isn't until the first full week in April, thus the reason she had to stay behind.

Tuesday evening I went with Steve to the Fort Wayne table tennis club. There's a big tournament this weekend in South Bend, so this served to give me some extra practice. I won some, lost some, but overall played pretty good.

The rest of the week was spent just hanging out with the kids, firing up the grill for dinner, and just taking it easy. If any monumental events took place in the world, I would have missed it because I pretty much ignored the news (except for the NCAA tourney).

The next couple months will be very busy for all of us, so the timing was good for the break, and I'm ready to get back in the swing of things on Monday.

No comments: