Monday, September 28, 2009

Birthday Weekend

The birthdays for myself and Dorene are just 3 days apart, so we usually combine celebrations. Not this year, however, since Dorene reached the milestone of 40.

I got her a room at the Farmstead Inn in Shipshewana for her and two of her friends last Friday, which was her actual birthday. They came back late on Saturday after doing the shopping thing in Shipshewana. She had told me a while ago that this is what she would like to do on her 40th when I was suggesting how it should be celebrated (she had actually forgotten she said this, so she was surprised when I told her what she's be doing). Meanwhile, I stayed at home with the kids and had a lot of fun just hanging out with them.

For my 45th birthday tonight, I came home and Dorene, the kids, and the dog were all gathered around the big rock in front of our house. Made for a nice picture but I didn't have my camera with me. But that was a nice thing to come home to. For dinner, I got some wonderful lasagna cooked by Dorene and Cameron (not exactly sure what he did, but he was very proud of it). Anna made my favorite cake, which is yellow with chocolate frosting. Allie just sat in her high chair and didn't contribute.

For my present, I got a Cadbury candy bar, which is one of my favorites. However, tucked in the wrapper were tickets to see the Cardinals v. Lions at Ford Field in December. Okay, this is a really good candy bar now. She said she tried to get tickets to the Cardinals v. Bears, but they were much more expensive. Go figure, it costs more to see the Lions than the Bears? The game is in late December, so by then Ford Field could be really empty unless the Lions make a serious run at it this year (after 0-16 last year, probably not). For the Cardinals, hopefully they can get it together, but either way I look forward to seeing Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald in action.

Next up: Allie turns one on October 8.

No comments: