Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jay v. Conan

Well, this got kinda interesting. Looks like NBC's experiment didn't work out so well. Conan's last show will be on Friday, then Jay returns to the Tonight Show spot on March 1 as NBC abandons the Leno show at 10:00 p.m. Meanwhile, Conan can't do anything until September, due to his contract. But don't shed too many tears, he's getting something like $40 million to walk away.

I didn't think Leno's show was THAT bad, but I also have to admit I haven't watched a single episode since his first. It seemed lacking some of the energy of his older show, but I still thought it would turn out okay. As for Conan, I watched his Tonight Show #1 and that was it. Maybe I'll watch his last one Friday night, or maybe not.

Either way, they both ain't no Johnny.

No comments: