Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Michael, Martha, Robert and Me.

I just can't get myself to stay glued to the coverage of the Michael Jackson trial. On the "E" network, they are doing reenactments every night. If being weird is a crime, then Michael Jackson is definitely guilty. Is he guilty of the molestation charges? I really don't know. But I go back to that interview a few years ago when he talks about what a "beautiful thing" it is to share one's bed with a child. Okay, so that doesn't make him a molester. But it does give him a corner on the weird market. He is so far removed from his "Thriller" days. It's hard to even look at him, he is just plain creepy.

So, Martha Stewart is now out. Think anyone even remembers why she went to jail? I bet you that Martha does just fine. She was very smart to go ahead and serve her sentence right away instead of going through any appeals. Now she's out, the public tends to be forgiving, and she may end up being more popular than ever.

As for Robert Blake, can't say I'm following that case too close. Can you name the last movie Robert Blake appeared in? Neither can I. Kind of a has-been. I do have my very own Robert Blake celebrity encounter to share. Back in 1976, I visited Universal Studios in California. As we were riding on the "trams" and touring the backlot, we had to temporarily stop because they were filming an episode of "Baretta." Remember that show? Over in the distance I saw Robert Blake in his car. Also that day, we went to an animal show at the studio and saw the cockatoo from the show. Hey, remember the bird's name? Yes, his name was Fred. Who wants to touch me? I saw FRED THE FREAKIN' COCKATOO! Top that one!

No comments: