Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Painting the Dennie Way (or at least this particular Dennie)

We are in the process of fixing up our house as we are looking at moving in the near future. Part of the fix-up includes doing some painting, which I totally dislike doing with a passion. It is very time consuming and especially when it comes to doing the trim, it takes forever. Then comes the clean-up. I think it takes longer to clean the rollers and brushes than it does to do the actual painting.

Now my dad, he can paint a room in about 5 minutes. He can do the trim without putting up any tape and still come to the edges perfectly. When it comes to clean-up, the rollers and brushes basically look like you just brought them home from the store when he's done.

So, I have come up with a new solution to the clean-up issue. We now go to "Big Lots" and get a pack of 2 rollers for only 89 cents. We also pick up paint roller trays for only 79 cents each. So, when it comes to clean-up, we just simply throw the roller and tray away and there you go, clean-up completed in less than 30 seconds. The next time we paint, we just open up a new roller and get out a new paint tray (so yes, we buy about a half-dozen at a time).

I'm sure my dad would not subscribe to this clean-up procedure, although my brother Steve would probably encourage me to patent it because I know he'd think it's a good idea.

2 comments:

sdennie said...

It is most definitely a good idea, and it reflects my own personal method of choice.

Anonymous said...

GREAT THINKING, that only one who hates painting would come up with.
That's why we will see you Thursday.
Incidently, if you just put the roller, as is, in a baggie, no need to tie it, just wrap it kind of good and it will be instantly ready to continue the same color as soon as you unwrap it. It will not dry out for up to a week or more.