Tuesday, October 24, 2006

House for Sale!

It's now official. The realtor came to our house yesterday and posted a "for sale" sign in our yard. Now, we have to get the thing ready to show. My oh my, I haven't ever sold a house before. There's a lot to do. My parents will be coming up this week to help us get ready, and we're very glad to have their help because there is so much we have to get done. We purposely had the realtor push things along so as to push us along. It's like I'm writing a paper and it's due this week and I haven't started the research (not to worry, I always got an A or B on those assignments).

My wife had mixed feelings about having a sign up in our yard. She really wanted to sell it through a classified ad or word of mouth. You see, we have a very grumpy old neighbor. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing a "for sale" sign in our yard. Dorene would have rather sold for less to prevent that from happening. But, I had to tell her that we simply couldn't sell our house for less purely out of spite (as much fun as that would be).

So, our neighbor will be greeted with a glorious sight this morning when he steps outside and sees the sign in our yard. So, now all we can hope for is a family to move in with 8 kids and 5 dogs who care absolutely nothing about mowing the yard.

No comments: