Monday, October 16, 2006

Sports Roundup

Baseball Playoffs
The Tigers are in. I watched their game 4 victory and it was pretty exciting. I will likely be rooting for them in the World Series. They are probably the best story of this post-season since just 3 years ago they lost about 119 games.

I hope the Mets beat the Cardinals, because I've never cared for the Cardinals. I'm not really sure why, I just don't like them. Can't help it.

The Other Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals, my team, supposedly has a home game tonight against the Bears. Well, I tell you what, I once attended a "home game" in Phoenix when they played the Bears and I felt like I was in the minority. It was Soldier Field West, because you have so many transplants from the midwest leaving out in the desert. So, expect a lot of cheering tonight when the visitors score.

Coach Dennis Green finally went with Matt Leinart and he hasn't done too bad so far. He could definitely be the future for this organization. Or that is, the latest incarnation of the future for this organization, which has one all of one playoff game in the last 40-50 years.

Hank Williams, Jr. v. Pink
I like Pink's intro to Sunday Night Football. Obviously trying to mimic Hank Williams, Jr. who set the standard for football mania. It's pretty catchy.

NHL Hockey
Just kidding, I could care less about hockey.

No comments: