Thursday, November 02, 2006

You sir, are no Comedian

Some people just aren't funny, and when they try to be funny, it just get's worse. That was basically John Kerry's problem. I know he wasn't intentionally slamming our troops. He had a joke that one of his staff wrote out, and he botched it in a big way. Then, to make things worse, he goes on the air and goes with the right wing conspiracy defense and brings up Rush Limbaugh. Dude, Rush isn't running for office.

I was watching David Gergen on CNN, and he basically said Kerry should shut up and "go dark" until after the election. Furthermore, he said had Kerry immediately apologized, the story would have gone away, but his ego wouldn't let him do it.

This isn't Dukakis in the tank, but it did give significant unwanted diversion from the issues the Democrats would prefer to be talking about. I still feel the Republicans will hold onto a very slim majority in both houses. Today, I sent an e-mail to my fellow co-workers urging them to keep me in their thoughts next Tuesday as I attempt to save the Republican Party from extinction. Of course, I received several sarcastic replies.

No comments: