Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Greeeeeen Acres is the Place to Be"

Tell me a few years ago I'd be living in the country and lovin' it, I'd be telling you "no way, no how." But here I am with my family in a little house in the country with an acre in our back yard, a dairy farm on one side and a hay barn across the street.

We have all just really latched on to country life. This is going to be such a great place to raise our kids. Things have just really slowed down for us. We don't run around town much anymore, because we're 20-25 minutes from town. We spend a lot of time just hanging around and reading, playing with the kids and dogs, and just enjoying the quiet. We have a satellite dish (mainly to get the local channels) but we spend surprisingly little amount of time watching t.v. We just simply enjoy our house and certainly much more family time.

Anna and Cameron haven't even mentioned once about going back to our old house. They love it here too. Dorene and I drove by our old house last night and didn't feel one iota of regret for not being there anymore. We are both so glad we made the move.

No comments: