Monday, June 04, 2007

It's Our Anniversary . . and My Wife Left Me and Went to Georgia

No, that's not the name of a new country music tune, just what happened yesterday. We celebrated our 12th anniversary, apart from each other. But don't call up the counselors just yet.
Dorene left with with 11 others from our church on a work crew to Hephzibah Children's Home in Macon, Georgia. The home is run by the Wesleyan Church. She will be there all week and retun late on Saturday. Anna thought it was very funny and kept telling me, "Yeah, dad. Mom is going to Georgia on your anniversary!"

So, I have the kids all by myself this week. Haven't gone it solo that long before, but no problem. We'll have lots of fun. Dorene's parents will watch them through Wednesday, then I have Thursday and Friday off. Who knows what we'll do, but it's always nice to know that your kids look forward to "daddy time."

No comments: