Monday, October 22, 2007

ASU #4???

How did I miss this one? I keep up with both college and pro football. This has been a good year for the PAC 10 with USC, Oregon and Cal having great years. But after this last weekend, Arizona State University is #4? I swear I didn't even know they were ranked!

I frequented Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona several times when I lived out there. The best game I attended was ASU v. UCLA, when Troy Aikman led the Bruins to victory. ASU had some good teams in the late 80's and early 90's, but then pretty much dropped off the map. Now, they are back. I have a feeling, though, that they could quickly plummet. Their schedule hasn't been too tough and they'll be playing a lot of the good PAC 10 teams in the next few weeks. But for now, I'm excited to see them that far up in the rankings. It's been a crazy year in college football, because no one seems to stay on top for very long.

No comments: