Sunday, November 04, 2007

I Don't Like These Guys

I am really getting irritated at the New England Patriots. I rooted for them when they won their first Super Bowl against the Rams. Thought it was a neat story this Tom Brady guy stepping in and taking them all the way. Kinda was okay when they won again. But this year, they are going the way of the classic despised teams like the Raiders and Steelers.

Do these feelings have anything to do with the fact I'm a Colts fan? Well, kinda. Yes, they lost the big showdown today, although I don't think that's the end of the world. The pressure will now be totally on the Patriots to go for the perfect season. But the controversy with Belicheck stealing signals, the Patriots running up scores (VERY obvious against the Redskins last week) just doesn't set well with me. Today, one of their players went to midfield where the Colts logo is at and spiked the ball very hard when they made the game-winning interception. I just don't like it when players do that. That's an attitude that starts at the top.

I guess this is sometimes what sports needs, a team to really root against. Well, you can include me on the anti-Patriots bandwagon. I'll be rooting against them every step of the way now.

No comments: