Thursday, November 08, 2007

Missed this Election

For the first time in I don't know how long, I didn't vote. I kinda procrastinated and forgot to file a change of address with voter registration, so I had to skip out on this one. I guess I technically could have voted at our old precinct, but figured I'd cause a huge scandal when it turns out I voted fraudently.

The big race up here was for mayor of South Bend, but we don't live in South Bend anymore, so I couldn't have voted for that anyway. The choice was between the 3-time incumbent, Steve Luecke, or my former Sunday School teacher, Juan Manigault, whose kids were on the Bible quiz team we coached for several years. I'll let you take a guess who was the Democrat and Republican in this race. Juan got beaten very soundly, 62%-38%. Meanwhile, my boss, Karen White, cruised to reelection on the South Bend City Council with more votes than anyone, including the Mayor (she kinda liked that factoid).

No comments: