Sunday, January 13, 2008

Manning Advances to Championship Game!

A good headline to read tomorrow . . .if you are a Giants fan! The wrong Manning advanced this year. Colts really had a bad day. One of those off days for Peyton where nothing went right, even though they had plenty of opportunity to win. Not as crushing of a loss this year, because the Super Bowl run last year was very memorable.

Next week's NFC championship has two good storylines. Brett Favre at his age looking at possibly one more shot of glory. The last time he led the Packers to the championship was against . . .the Patriots. On the other side, you have the chance for Peyton's little brother to go to the Super Bowl. I think the Packers will win this one, but the Giants may give them a run for the money. At least Brett Favre won't have Jessica Simpson in the stands rooting for him.

One reason I wasn't as crushed with the Colts losing is I really think anyone that went into New England next week was looking to get toasted. I don't see how the Chargers could possibly beat the Patriots, but if they pull the upset of the century, I'll take it. I'd still like to leave the Patriots coach on the verge of history with this undefeated season only to have it ripped away. But, I think I may need to get over it and just deal with a historic 19-0 season. Oh but how sweet that would be to see them go down.

No comments: