Saturday, January 19, 2008

Worn Out

A couple days ago, a colleague invited me to play racquetball at IU South Bend, where we have 3 courts. I took him up on the offer and we played over the lunch hour. I hadn't played in over 10 years and I kinda forgot just the kind of workout it is. I managed to win 1 of 3 games but was totally exhausted by the end. I used to be not too bad, but I spent most of this time chasing the ball all over the place, when you are really supposed to play the angles and anticipate where the ball is going to go. I'll ask for a rematch.

Then later that night, I went to the South Bend Table Tennis Club for the weekly round-robin. On this night I debuted by new Joola Tango Ultra pips-out rubber with the 1.8 mm sponge. Hey, this stuff is serious!

Anyway, I played 5 matches and every match went 5 games. Luckily I went 3-2, because I always hate losing in a 5th game. But, boy, I am tired! Guess I'm not in as good of shape as I thought.

1 comment:

hipperken said...

Dude. Get used to it. You're what? 43?