Monday, March 03, 2008

Idiot Alert

We have one of those underground, invisible fences for our dogs. If I'm ever asked if they are worth it, the answer is . . . .yes. They work extremely well. Although, for a while, our rat terrier was so traumatized she'd just stand out in the middle of the yard and not move, afraid of getting zapped if she moved.

This weekend, one of the collars came off. I found it at the edge of the driveway and was walking back to the house with it. Suddenly, I felt a couple jolts running through me. Yeah, I was holding onto the sensors of the collar that put out the jolt. Took a few of them before I realized that maybe I shouldn't hold the collar like that. It was a pretty good jolt, so I can sympathize with Daphne the Rat Terrier when she gets zapped.

Upon hearing the news of this, Cameron just laughed and laughed and informed me that he'd be telling everyone at school how his daddy got zapped.

No comments: