Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'll Do It My Way

Recently, I took Cameron to a birthday party for one of his classmates at a skating rink. I strapped skates on the little tike and told him to go at it. I think it possibly took him 20 minutes to make one pass around the rink. He would go about 1 foot, maybe two, and plop down. Up again, down again, and so on. Needless to say, it was pretty funny to watch.

However, Cameron got lots of offers for help. He had adults coming to help him, and junior high and high school girls coming to the aid of this little kid. But in each instance, Cameron waived them off. He refused any help. He was going to conquer this on his own. So he kept his up again, down again routine all afternoon. By the end, he was actually moving around fairly well. He told me later that, "Daddy, lots of people came to help me but I told them NO!"

We're finding out that Cam has just a wee bit competitive spirit in him.

No comments: