Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain's VP Pick

I had begun to suspect McCain would go with a woman and sure enough, he did. No one knows much about Sarah Palin right now, but they will before long. I watched her speech after McCain introduced her. She is quite likeable and maybe not quite the lightweight I first envisioned. Very interesting woman.

I've heard a few commentators say this is very much a very bold, but very risky move. I think that's quite accurate. McCain is supposed to lose anyway, so maybe it won't make a difference, who knows. But it definitely shakes things up. It definitely draws attention away from Obama's speech last night. But if Quayle had a rough go of it when he was announced, I think Palin is going to really get put through the ringer. Then again, Quayle still became Vice President after Dukakis left the Democratic convention with a big lead. So, who knows. Palin is called the "barracuda" which must be for a reason.

Quite the mirror image. On one side, you have an inexperienced minority candidate for president and an experienced white guy for vice president. On the other side, it's the opposite. This election just got a little more interesting.

No comments: