Thursday, August 21, 2008

Volleyballers Win Gold. . .Lose some Endorsements

I stayed up late to watch our volleyballers take home the Gold against China. The matches were close (21-18 in both games) but I didn't think they were ever in danger of losing. They are just too good. When they had to spike it hard, they did so, but they also did very well with the "dink" shot.

I imagine that Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor could have some endorsements coming their way, although I think there are two groups that they won't be hearing from anytime soon. First of all, they thanked President Bush for his inspiration, so I imagine an appearance at next week's Democratic convention in Denver is out of the question. Secondly, they said the most important thing in their life right now was to have a baby. So, probably no calls coming anytime soon from the feminist groups.

No comments: