Thursday, January 15, 2009

An Amazing Happy Ending

Not too long ago, I watched an episode of "When Weather Changed History" on the Weather Channel. The story was about the Air Florida jet in 1982 that crashed into the Potomac River in Washington, DC, killing just about everyone on board save a few passengers lucky enough to get out.

When I first got a "breaking news alert" on my computer about a jet going down in the Hudson River, I assumed the worst. When I watched the coverage I was astounded that everyone got out alive. This pilot, "Sully" is definitely a hero in the truest sense as his soft landing in the water without breaking the plane apart allowed everyone to get out as the plane never sunk. Also, there seemed to be very little panic inside the plane as everyone exited pretty calmly, which is incredible when you think about what had to be going through their minds knowing they crashed into water.

What a great story!

No comments: