Wednesday, January 14, 2009

. . . .And Doggone it, People Like Him

Yikes, it looks like Al Franken is the next Senator from Minnesota, although this is going to be challenged in the courts for a while. Certainly shows how every vote counts. I'm just not a big fan of this guy. He was funny at one time, but most of his attempts at humor now just aren't even original.

Now someone like Michael Moore, who is extremely liberal like Franken, I'll go see his documentaries even though I disagree with a lot of what he says. But he can sure say it in an entertaining fashion. Franken titles his book, "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot." Okay, and I'll write a book and call it"Keith Olberman is a Dork." I don' t mind insults, but make 'em at least partially unique.

So what kind of Senator will he be? Minnesota put up with Governor Jesse Ventura not long ago, so they are used to elected officials who kinda surprise themselves by getting in office. Franken is extremely critical and mean-spirited towards Christians, so I imagine it won't take him long to say something stupid. I would venture to guess that even Obama isn't all that impressed with him.

No comments: