Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm Not a Big Golf Fan, But . . . . .

The British Open is one of the big 4 major tournaments in golf. After three rounds, the leader is none other than Tom Watson. A blast from the past, Watson is 59 years old! He won the British open back in 1977! The oldest person to win a major tournament was I believe 48. I read that Watson recently had hip replacement surgery. He's playing against much, much younger players. The other odd thing about this tournament is that Tiger Woods didn't even make the cut.

I believe I'll be tuning in to this tomorrow to see how it all pans out (although with the time difference, I think you can catch it all online before the U.S. network coverage begins). If Watson wins, it would go down as one of the biggest surprises ever in any sport.

No comments: