Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Manger Scene




















Here is the manger scene we set out for Christmas every year. This has been in the family a very long time, I'm not sure when my parents purchased it, but I remember being very little and playing with the sheep and camels.

The stable we had to replace and the figurines of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus are replacements, but all the others are still original. I would have to say it's about 40 years old.

I'm not sure who had it last, but when I heard it was in a box somewhere, I snatched it up. Now, my kids get to help set it up as I did way back when.

1 comment:

sdennie said...

I remember most the sheep with the broken neck--or it looks broken, the way it's looking over its back. I also remember those wise men and camels. I did lots of rearranging.