Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh Yeah, the Olympics Begin Tonight

I had kinda forgotten this was a winter olympics year, and with them being held in Vancouver, we'll likely see a majority of events live. I don't really know who our prospects are, except for Apollo Ohno and basically all of our snowboarders, who I don't know by name, except for Lindsay Jacob-Ellis, who tried to show off 4 years ago at the finish line, fell down, and finished with a silver.

I'm not familiar with our figure skaters, but that will soon change because coverage of that event goes 24/7 once the games begin. I'll still tune it at times. I especially like some of the skiiing, such as the men's downhill (one of my earliest Olympic memories is Franz Klammer winning it in wild fashion back in 1976). The luge and tobaggon can be fun to watch, and also the ski jumping. Speed skating is kind of boring, and hockey just doesn't cut it anymore since 1980 when our true amateurs beat the Russians.

No comments: