Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Glee" - I Don't Get It

I'm trying to latch onto the "Glee" phenomenon, but I just don't quite get all the hype. I've watched the show the past two weeks to see what all the fuss is about. Last night's show revolved around Madonna songs. Lots of musical numbers and reworking of some of the videos, like "Vogue." All well done, I guess, but overall, I didn't find the show all that enjoyable.

Maybe I was expecting a riff on High School Musical. However, when you have two teenage couples rolling around on the bed singing "Like a Virgin," then we've deviated just a tiny bit from the family-friendly confines of those movies (I guess maybe I should have known going in that Glee was more adult oriented).

For all the "Gleeks" out there, more power to ya. Maybe I'll give the show another chance, but it just ain't clicking with me.

No comments: