Friday, July 02, 2010

#1 at the Table Tennis Club

It took a while, but last night I made it to the #1 table at the South Bend Table Tennis Club. But I didn't stop there. I not only made it to the top, but I won the table outright. You can check out the results here.

Okay, there is a catch. It just so happens that this week is the U.S. Open Table Tennis Championship up in Grand Rapids. Thus, all the top players in the club were gone, which is the reason I even got to play at the top table.

Next week, I'll be at the #1 table again, but all the top players will be back and I'll get absolutely squashed, thus ending my 15 minutes of fame at the Club. But for one night only, I'll get to hear the coach, Dan Seemiller, say, "Table 1 winner Rick Dennie starts off tonight against . . . ."

No comments: