Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oscar Movie Review - "Nixon/Frost"
This is the first of the 5 Best Picture nominees that I've seen. I imagine the title of this movie either intrigues people or they just keep on walking. The title says it all, this is indeed about the 1977 interviews between David Frost and President Nixon.

Your enjoyment of this movie would heavily depend on your interest in the subject matter. Although it begins with a short recap of what led to Nixon's resignation, it still assumes a lot of knowledge on the part of the audience. Since I've always been fascinated by anything and everything Nixon, I loved the movie, although I understand it probably has very limited widespread appeal.

Frank Langella, nominated for Best Actor, does a very good job embodying Nixon, even if he doesn't really look like him. But you never doubt for a minute that is Nixon. The actor playing Frost does a great job also. Very well done, and if you are interested in this place in time that took place over 30 years ago, I highly recommend it.

No comments: